BlueBird is looking to bring a Production Planner and join our team.
- Prepare detailed production schedules in the SB1-ERP system for assigned products, and monitor their status, up through delivery to customers
- Develop material plans in support of the detailed production schedules
- Participate in Configuration Control Board activity, review proposed changes, provide information regarding Work In Process (WIP) status, and suggest changes to the manufacturing floor
- Coordinate the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, inventory, production, and engineering.
- Prepare and distribute required daily/weekly/monthly reports and communicate status during required meetings
- Interface with manufacturing supervision to include regularly scheduled production meetings: furnish material status, address schedule concerns, establish manufacturing priorities, review open backlog, discuss pending changes, and obtain committed delivery dates.
- Develops detailed schedules, material requirements, and production plans for complex products and production processes where the manufacturing processes are new or variable. Works from master schedules, bills of material, operation lists, specific oral and written instructions to plan production scheduling for the manufacture of a variety of assigned projects.
- Monitor and update changes to production plans and master schedules, to include the creation and maintenance of product forecasts if applicable
- Update and maintain item data, order modifiers, and planning parameters in Oracle
- Communicate with Customer Service and Project/Product teams regarding production status and potential impact or changes to committed customer deliveries, updating sales orders as required
- Provide guidance and/or direction to less senior planning personnel as required
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a production planning, production control, or scheduling role in a manufacturing environment
- Production planning, production control, production scheduling in a regulated industry is preferred.
- Leadership experience.
- Experience with ERP/WMS systems, SAP business 1 preferred
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite – Excel in particular.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in day-to-day responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills – written & verbal
- Ability to multitask and manage projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyse and define problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations